Education Degree in Educational Planning & Management
1. Objectives of the program
The main objectives of the Bachelor of Arts Degree program in Educational planning and Management are to:-
- Train students with the practices of educational planning and management
- Train educational planners, managers and supervisors who would assume management positions and responsibilities
- Train educational planners and managers who can generate, mange and utilize educational resources effectively and efficiently.
- Train educational planners who can initiate educational changes and innovation to address local and regional needs and realities.
- Produce professionals who can promote community involvement by establishing a strong link with locality and initiate and mange educational innovations and changes.
- Train students with skills of educational research
- Promote students in the sense of professionalism in educational planning and management. Produce teachers who will teach at the secondary schools in addition, to satisfying the above objectives.
|Bachelor of Education Degree in Educational Planning & Management ( English Minor ) Major Courses|
|Course Code||Course Title||Cr. Hrs||Pre requisite|
|EdPM 201||Educational Management||4|
|EdPM 202||School & the Community||2||EdPM 201|
|EdPM 203||Management of Adult & Non Formal Education||3||EdPM 202|
|EdPM 221||Principles of Curriculum Inquiry||3||EdPM 203|
|EdPM 222||Basics of teachers Professional Development||2||EdPM 221|
|EdPM 211||Measurement & Evaluation||3||EdPM 203|
|EdPM 212||General Methods of Teaching||3||EdPM 211|
|EdPM 213||Educational Research||3||EdPM 201|
|EdPM 251||Economics of Education||3|
|EdPM 232||Educational Psychology||3||EdPM 212|
|EdPM 233||Guidance and Counseling||3||EdPM 232|
|EdPM 241||Developmental psychology||3|
|EdPM 242||Introduction to Sociology & social Administration||3|
|EdPM 301||Educational Supervision||3||EdPM 232|
|EdPM 303||Macro Planning in Education||3||EdPM 301|
|EdPM 361||School Mapping & Micro Planning in Education||3||EdPM 303|
|EdPM 321||Instructional Media & Communication||3||EdPM 212|
|EdPM 341||Educational Organization & Management I||4||EdPM 201|
|EdPM 342||Educational Organization & Management II||4||EdPM 341|
|EdPM 352||Psychology of Persons with Disabilities||3||EdPM 241|
|EdPM 401||Human Resource Management in Education||3|
|EdPM 411||Financial & Property Management in Education||3||EdPM 401|
|EdPM 431||Internship||3||EdPM 342|
|EdPM 441||Introduction to International Education||3||EdPM 431|
|EdPM 451||Management of Change & Innovation in Education||3|
|EdPM 472||Senior Essay||3||EdPM 213|
Course code used is alpha numerical. Edpm represents core courses. The first digit represents the year in which the curse is offered. The second digit represents the alphabetic sequence of the core course offered among other course in that semester and the third digit indicates the semester.